Over 1 million properties sold in 1st half of 2020 despite pandemic
- more than a million properties were sold in Turkey in the first half of 2020 despite the coronavirus pandemic and subsequent lockdown measures, official data shows.
- According to figures compiled a total of 1,058,448 property units, including residential and commercial properties, as well as plots of land, have been sold over the period between January and July.
- More than 625,000 units of total sales were residential houses, the report showed.
- Istanbul – Turkey's largest city by population and one of its top tourist centers – took the lion's share of property sales with 150,699 units. It was followed by the capital Ankara and the Aegean province of Izmir with 93,511 and 58, 852 sales, respectively.
- The Mediterranean resort city of Antalya and northwestern Bursa province also made it to the top five list with both recording more than 40,000 property sales.
by : daily sabah